Friday, February 04, 2005

Jazz is tough!

Jazz music is so much tougher to play than I thought. The swing has got to be there, the mood has got to be there and you've just got to FEEL the music. It's a really cool genre of music but indefinitely a tough one to master.

Have been really into this movie called ' The nightmare before Christmas' and Johnny Depp in 'Pirates of the Caribbean'. Though I watched the former several years back, I suddenly thought of it the other day when I passed by this shop selling their merchandise. I really wanted to buy them...But for some financial reasons, I decided not to. I am not an impulsive buyer you know.

So have been going online to look for icons and images of the movie and the characters ( e.g. Jack, Sally, etc.) Some people may find it horrid but I find it very interesting and amusing to look at them.

Here's one of JAck:
smile
If you are interested in this movie too, here are some links you can check out:

"Each holiday (Halloween, Christmas, Thanks giving etc.) has its own world,
where the people create the holiday. Jack Skellington (shown above) is the man
who organizes Halloween. Though, he does the same thing year after year.One day
Jack stumbles across a door way to Christmastown, and is exposed to wonders
such as music, snow and niceness like he has never seen. So, he not only tries
to bring Christmas to Halloweentown, but he (in a nice, disastrous way) decides
to take over Christmas.At the core, it is a musical with lots of songs. The
music is what grabbed me most when I first saw the film. There are fun songs
like 'This is Halloween' but there are also songs that just capture the spirit
of the movie so well. "

No comments: