Monday, March 20, 2006

mumsies and dadies

I love my mum...
She's done so much there's no way I can ever repay her love for me as well as my siblings.
Praying fervently for our needs and keeping us in her thoughts in the day as well as at night is already an action she does to touch me.
What really is special is that my mum can be so generous with us and our friends yet try to stinge whenever it comes to spending on herself. I don't know if this method on doting on us will do us more harm than good but if I had the courage to shout with all my heart that I appreciate her and acknowledge all that she is doing, I would.
Knowing how quietly she was excited for me during my 'O' level result day, crying in her heart when she sees me depressed, encouraging me instead of scolding me when I do badly for exams, waking up in the middle of the night if we feel terribly unwell, etc..
Ok...Maybe I would say most mums would do most of those for their kids. But I guess every mum has their own unique way of doing it.

Not mentioning my dad does not mean I don't love him too...
Perhaps I do acknowledge all that he has done. Coming home early and not staying out at night at all for the past 20 years of my life, taking courses in order to let us life a more comfortable life, bringing us overseas every year for holidays, spending the money on gadgets tell will solely help us on our studies. He's really a father who disciplines like a tyrant but does all he can to support us comfortably through life. Unlike my mum, he's not too good at expressing himself so he tends to be a little short-tempered. But putting aside all those short-comings, and remembering all man have sin and fallen short of the glory of God, I know that there's always something good that we can look to in a person. Whether we choose to see it or not.

No comments: